Based on the author's 50 years of clinical experience in treating autoimmune disease patients, this book highlights the many advantages of integrating Chinese medicine into the management of these generally chronic and often distressing conditions.
- Detailed description and analysis of the main autoimmune diseases from a Chinese medicine perspective.
- Diseases discussed in depth include systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, Graves' disease, and multiple sclerosis
- Full pattern identification and a comprehensive array of clinically effective treatment options for each condition, incorporating herbal medicine and acupuncture as well as diet therapy.
- Extensive and informative selection of case histories demonstrating the translation of theory into practice.• Wide spectrum of up-to-date clinical experience from highly regarded Chinese sources, thus broadening the information available to practitioners outside China.
- Practical discussion of the role of Chinese medicine alongside Western medicine.
- More than 40 color photos.